Preserving Affordable Housing Program uses legal and advocacy strategies to preserve and protect affordable housing, prevent evictions, combat tenant harassment and discrimination, and ensure that working families, individuals, older adults and others live in stable environments and within their financial means.
- To promote and preserve affordable housing.
- Improve housing conditions.
- Prevent harassment and displacement in NYC’s rapidly gentrifying neighborhoods.
- Fair Housing
- Universal Access
- Eviction defense cases, especially cases involving public and subsidized housing residents.
- Working with tenant associations to help them organize their building, understand housing policies, and assist in changing unfair policies when needed.
- Preserving housing subsidies.
- Safe housing – repair and habitability as well as fair housing issues.
- Advocating for victims of abuse to protect housing options — which could mean relocation for safety reasons or preservation of existing housing when abuse puts them under threat of eviction.
- Working with low-income cooperatives.
- Providing education and outreach on fair housing rights
- Bushwick Housing Independence Project
- Churches United for Fair Housing
- Cypress Hills Local Development Corporation (CHLDC)
- El Puente
- Save our Southside
- Neighbors Allied for Good Growth
- North Brooklyn Development Corporation
- People’s Firehouse, Inc.
- Southside United Housing Development Fund Corporation – Los Sures
- St. Nick’s Alliance
- United Neighbors Organization
- United Jewish Community Advocacy Relations and Enrichment