Small Business Support Project (SBSP) provides free legal services to underserved small business owners who cannot otherwise afford counsel.
The Small Business Support Project is currently not taking on new cases, if you have questions or need assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Support affordable and culturally relevant small businesses, which are the largest source of employment in NYC.
- Prevent commercial displacement and discrimination due to continued gentrification of diverse communities and the consolidation of commercial space in the hands of fewer and larger national chains and corporations.
- Commercial lease stabilization
SBSP services include but are not limited to:
- legal support with negotiating a new or renewal lease;
- changes to a current lease;
- negotiating a lease termination or assignment;
- negotiating a sublet agreement;
- enforcing terms of a lease, sublease, or oral/unwritten agreement with a landlord; and
- combatting landlord harassment and/or breach of contract.
Brooklyn A partners with other legal service organizations to provide services to small businesses. Our program partners include:
- TakeRoot Justice
- Volunteers of Legal Service (VOLS)
We partner with deeply-rooted community-based organizations across New York City to bring our services to the neighborhoods and communities that need it most.
Our community partners include:
- African Communities Together
- Asian American Federation
- Chhaya CDC
- Cooper Square Committee
- Cypress Hills Local Development Corporation, Inc.
- Northwest Bronx Community and Clergy Coalition (NWBCCC)
- Pan-African Community Development Initiative