Young Professionals for Justice (YPJ) is a membership based group of professionals dedicated to supporting the work of Brooklyn Legal Services Corporation A and raising awareness of the significant need for accessible legal services for individuals and communities in Brooklyn (and NYC wide). YPJ supports communities by promoting Brooklyn A’s efforts to preserve and create affordable housing, foster economic growth, expand access to health care, and advocate for social justice.
Become A Member!
Want to join YPJ? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Role of Members
Members of YPJ are young legal and non-legal professionals, that act as ambassadors for Brooklyn A and are united by the belief that access to essential legal assistance and high-quality community development, education and mobilization will make Brooklyn (and NYC) a better and more equitable place to live. YPJ seeks to engage a diverse group of professionals by providing opportunities to connect with like-minded individuals, lead groups and committees, raise funds, and get connected to and volunteer on behalf of community based organizations serving low-income communities, including Brooklyn A. YPJ members attend and promote YPJ activities; and learn about Brooklyn A and its programs in order to advocate on behalf of Brooklyn A and its mission.
Benefits of Membership
- Networking with other like-minded professionals looking to make a meaningful impact in their community
- Re-connect/connect with Brooklyn A expansive network of alumni and allies;
- Increase your knowledge of New York City’s current issues related to poverty and access to justice;
- Receive invitations to events of YPJ and Brooklyn A, and learn about opportunities to participate in volunteer/pro bono activities;
- Reduced rates for Brooklyn A and YPJ events and YPJ member only activities.
Annual Membership Fee:
$35 per year for professionals
$15 per year for students
Become A Leader!
YPJ is looking for young professionals who would like to be considered to serve as members of the YPJ Advisory Board. Members of the Advisory Board act as leaders and coordinators of YPJ and we are looking for individuals who would seriously like to expand their leadership skills.
Contact: Development Department at email@example.com