Do you want to:
Feel valued, as a skilled professional engaged in building a critical, philanthropic arm of a social justice organization?
Change lives? Your work will expand the org’s capacity to serve their clients.
Use and expand your experience and contacts in the legal services community?
Become a respected and integral member of a team?
If you answered yes, then bring your skills and interest to Brooklyn A to help grow a sustainable development and communications department.
Established in 1968, Brooklyn Legal Services Corporation A (Brooklyn A), advances social and economic justice and community empowerment through innovative, collaborative, neighborhood-based legal representation and advocacy. We assist individuals, families, community-based organizations, and coalitions in sustaining and developing vibrant, healthy communities.
The Development and Communications Volunteer will work as a part of the Development and Communications Team. You will assist in executing the annual Development Plan. This is an excellent opportunity to utilize your skills in fundraising, communications and non-profit management.
Responsibilities of the Development and Communications Volunteer
- Develop resources to retain existing donors, recapture lapsed donors, develop new donors, and increase gift size.
- Help develop and execute a communications program including but is not limited to generating online content that engages audience segments and leads to measurable action.
- Support the grant proposal development and submission process – ensuring that proposals, reports and other documents are well written, strategic, and submitted on schedule;
- Assist in creating and executing a strategy for a large sustained base of individual giving.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications (Required):
- Prior work experience and/or direct experience fundraising for local affinity groups
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and be motivated
- Self-starter able to work independently and as a team player
- Strong writing, organization and multi-tasking skills; as well as creativity
- The ability to multi-task, handling logistics and follow through on multiple projects at the same time
- Adaptable to changing environments and multiple deadlines
- Microsoft Office skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint required
Application Process: Please send a cover letter, resume, and brief writing sample (no more than 3-pages) as soon as possible to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Development & Communications Volunteer” in the Subject Line. No phone calls, please.